Resources for Alcoholics who need Social Engagement without Physical Contact
Podcasts are a great way to not only hear stories of experience, strength, and hope, but to stay connected. Some offer topic discussions as well.
- Transitions Daily hosts an online AA meeting every night at 9 PM Eastern called the 4th Dimensioners. The direct link is https://us04web.zoom.us/j/432316244 or www.ZoomAAMeetings.com. There is no password but you must log in to a free zoom.us account for authentication before entering the meeting.
- Facebook Recovery Groups starting with Transitions Daily.
- If you are in need of more Facebook recovery groups and are a member of one already, post that you are looking for other groups to join too.
- Check events for scheduled meetings in your recovery Facebook groups
- List of recovery phone apps; https://www.addictioncampuses.com/alcohol/apps-for-recovery/
- Private Facebook Group called ZoomAAMeetings 23,000 members and multiple Zoom meetings.
- Contact your group GSR. Many districts are setting up zoom meetings for local attendance with the point person being the group GSR (General Service Representative).
- Facebook Messenger video chat for one on one meetings
- Free Zoom account for meeting with Sponsees or your sponsor for up to 40 Minutes free. https://zoom.us/
- Skype is another free program for face to face meetings. https://www.skype.com
- Slack App was also suggested for video chat. https://slack.com/
- Read the Big Book; https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoholics-anonymous
- Read the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions;
- Free access to the AA Grapevine during the pandemic. https://www.aagrapevine.org/we-are-here-to-help
- AA Literature and Brochures
“The A.A. Groups themselves ought to be fully supported by the voluntary contribution of their own members.”
Click Here to Drop a Dollar in the Basket!