Resources for Alcoholics who need Social Engagement without Physical Contact
Podcasts are a great way to not only hear stories of experience, strength, and hope, but to stay connected. Some offer topic discussions as well.
AA Meeting Guide
Brought to you by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., Meeting Guide is a free of charge app that provides meeting information from A.A. service entities in an easy-to-access format.
Over 100,000 A.A. meetings are currently listed. The information is refreshed twice daily by relaying meeting information from more than 300 A.A. service entities; area, district, intergroup/central offices, and international General Service Office websites (some of which are listed on (A.A. Near You).
Sober Meditations is a 100% FREE app and is a resource of contemplative alcohol recovery meditations. Sober Meditations are recorded by recovering alcoholics who share their experience in a contemplative meditation format, one thought at a time.
10 Best Apps For Alcohol Addiction Recovery
9 Best Alcoholics Anonymous Apps for Android & iOS
- 24 Hour new Zealand Marathon Meeting https://zoom.us/j/2923712604
- 24 Hour U.S. based Marathon AA Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2020061935?pwd=eFJkNTZ0eEJPMFhNY2ZONndQbmh2dz09
- Transitions Daily hosts an online AA meeting every night at 9 PM Eastern called the 4th Dimensioners. The direct link is https://us04web.zoom.us/j/432316244 or www.ZoomAAMeetings.com. There is no password but you must log in to a free zoom.us account for authentication before entering the meeting.
Google Drive from this meeting; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Uwp2_NSMW79H2S9iLbGDTcY73wpthVUl?usp=sharing
This link also has lots of AA study pdf’s and study notes from prior meetings when we read the first 164 pages of the Big Book through and other AA literature.
Our Google Drive has the following files;
Online Meeting pdf with tons of online meetings
Additional Resources List
Step notes Steps 1-12
Resentment – Freedom from Bondage Notes BB P. 544-552
Acceptance is the Answer Notes Notes BB P. 407-420
Professor and Paradox Notes
Tools and Morning Prayers
Zoom Bombing Defense pdf
Meeting flyer in both pdf and jpg
Other Online Resources
- Facebook Recovery Groups starting with Transitions Daily.
- If you are in need of more Facebook recovery groups and are a member of one already, post that you are looking for other groups to join too.
- Check events for scheduled meetings in your recovery Facebook groups
- List of recovery phone apps; https://www.addictioncampuses.com/alcohol/apps-for-recovery/
- Private Facebook Group called ZoomAAMeetings 23,000 members and multiple Zoom meetings.
- Contact your group GSR. Many districts are setting up zoom meetings for local attendance with the point person being the group GSR (General Service Representative).
- Facebook Messenger video chat for one on one meetings
- Free Zoom account for meeting with Sponsees or your sponsor for up to 40 Minutes free. https://zoom.us/
- Skype is another free program for face to face meetings. https://www.skype.com
- Slack App was also suggested for video chat. https://slack.com/
- Read the Big Book; https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoholics-anonymous
- Read the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions;
- Free access to the AA Grapevine during the pandemic. https://www.aagrapevine.org/we-are-here-to-help
- AA Literature and Brochures
“The A.A. Groups themselves ought to be fully supported by the voluntary contribution of their own members.”
Click Here to Drop a Dollar in the Basket!